Honors, Distinctions, and Education
- 2007 J.D., University of Colorado Law School
- Author, Colorado Lawyers Beware: Anstine v. Alexander and the Attorney’s New Duty to Third Parties, University of Colorado Law Review, 78 U. Colo. L. Rev. 989 (2007)
- 2006–2007 Articles Editor, University of Colorado Law Review
- 2006 Summer Clerk for the Hon. Allison H. Eid, Colorado Supreme Court
- 2005 Summer Clerk for the Hon. Timothy M. Tymkovich, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- 2003 A.B. with Honors, Economics, The University of Chicago
- Licensed to practice in the State of Illinois
- Member, Illinois Bar Association
Michael Delcour, a formidable advocate and integral part of our trial team, specializes in federal litigation, especially cases involving cybercrimes, data security breaches, national security, anti-terrorism, and the forensic acquisition and use of digital evidence. Michael has handled numerous internal investigations, federal tax defense, complex civil litigation, securities fraud, asset forfeiture litigation, white-collar fraud cases, and has conducted cybercrime and forensic IT investigations, overseen electronic discovery efforts, and led forensic IT teams in critical incident response following data breaches. Michael was a driving force in our firm’s representation of Platte River Networks and led the data recovery and discovery production during the FBI and congressional investigations into former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s email server. Combined with his extensive experience in both state and federal grand jury and trial practice, Michael brings to cybercrime investigations the perspective of a criminal trial attorney.
- Represented presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s technology services provider in connection with federal and congressional investigations in Colorado and Washington, D.C.
- Secured an acquittal following a six-week federal jury trial for a contractor accused of insurance fraud by State Farm and other carriers.
- Secured dismissal of charges against Denver chef accused of felony assault with a deadly weapon.
- Defended a Canadian citizen accused of six counts of sexual assault; case dismissed after two-day preliminary hearing in Denver.
- Represented the president of a construction firm accused of illegally exporting to an embargoed country; no IEEPA charges were filed and no OFAC fine was issued.
- Local counsel to New York-based law firm suing Samsung in patent infringement case seeking over $1 billion in damages.
- Awarded below-federal guidelines sentence where the client was accused of laundering $9 million in U.S. District Court, Miami. The client faced 240 months and was ultimately sentenced to 13 months.
- Obtained a court-ordered return of property in a federal forfeiture of seized houses based on an innocent owner defense for real estate company/owner of multiple Denver properties in which marijuana was being grown.