Honors, Distinctions, and Education
- Founding member, 2018 Vice-Chair, and 2019 Chair of the Colorado Bar Association Cannabis Law Section
- 2014 J.D., Order of the Coif, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- 2012–2014 Staff Editor, University of Denver Law Review
- 2008 B.A., Colorado College
- Licensed to practice in the State of Colorado
Jeff Wilson leads the firm’s cannabis practice, defending against government overreach by law enforcement and regulatory agencies. Jeff represents both individuals and businesses accused of all types of offenses ranging from serious felonies to licensing violations or denials. Jeff’s legal expertise is buttressed by his nuanced understanding of the science related to marijuana consumption and the sophisticated production processes involved in the regulated cannabis industry.
Jeff has helped hundreds of clients accused of crimes, including DUI, drug possession, cultivation, distribution, zoning violations, white-collar crimes, and civil forfeiture. In addition to defending clients in and out of court, Jeff counsels businesses and individuals on all matters of regulatory compliance related to marijuana and hemp. He has successfully defended clients against violations alleged by the Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division, U.S. Customs, and local licensing authorities, including license infractions, suspensions, and revocations, as well as seizures and administrative holds. Further yet, Jeff counsels caregivers, medical patients, and recreational home growers on compliance with state and local cannabis laws to ensure protection of their constitutional rights. Jeff helped found the Colorado Bar Association Cannabis Law Section, the premier cannabis-specific professional organization for Colorado attorneys, for which he served as Vice-Chair in 2018 and Chair in 2019.
- Won motion to suppress all evidence in felony cannabis home-grow case in Jefferson County, resulting in the dismissal of all charges.
- Successfully protected and preserved the continued operations of a statewide cannabis business empire when the Marijuana Enforcement Division sought revocation of all of its licenses.
- Negotiated unsupervised misdemeanor probation for Vietnamese seafood magnate charged with multiple, mandatory-minimum felonies related to allegations of funding illegal cannabis cultivations across Colorado.
- Obtained deferred judgment for client with 12 pounds of marijuana in luggage at Denver International Airport.
- Successfully reduced felony charges to misdemeanor unsupervised probation for client accused of submitting inaccurate application to the Marijuana Enforcement Division.
- Achieved probation-only outcomes for clients in 800-plant felony cultivation case in Lincoln County, felony butane hash extraction case in Denver County, 8-pound felony trafficking case in Elbert County, massive black-market cannabis ring in Weld County, and felony cannabis trafficking case in Boulder County.
- Represented numerous cannabis businesses in licensing and disciplinary hearings in multiple jurisdictions across Colorado, with all clients either obtaining or preserving their licenses.
- Won return of lawful hemp and CBD products seized by US Customs and Border Protection.
- Successfully achieved probation-only sentence for client facing mandatory 8-year minimum first-degree drug felony charges in 100-pound marijuana trafficking case in Arapahoe County District Court.
- Won dismissal of all charges for client accused of trafficking cannabis edibles through the mail in Denver County.
- Successfully recovered over $80,000 in bullion seized by law enforcement from Estes Park landlord who had a tenant growing marijuana.
- Represented landlord in Park County, Colorado in butane hash production case resulting in no charges being filed.
- Won dismissal of all charges and return of all seized property in felony marijuana cultivation case in Lake County.
- Successfully recovered hundreds of thousands of dollars seized by law enforcement from numerous clients across Colorado.
- Obtained probation-only sentence for client facing potential murder charges following a home invasion where an intruder was killed in El Paso County.
- Represented medical marijuana patients across Colorado and successfully avoided any criminal charges being filed in numerous cases.
- Won complete dismissal of nuisance charges brought against client relating to a home cannabis cultivation in Douglas County.
- Obtained deferred judgment in Summit County marijuana DUI case in which client tested at over 6 times the presumptive limit for THC.
- Won dismissal of DUI and Domestic Violence charges in Adams County Court.
- Represented clients charged with marijuana offenses in over 20 different jurisdictions in Colorado, all of which ultimately avoided any sentence to imprisonment.